Hoover Library supports McDaniel College’s mission to promote critical, creative, and global thinking while fostering academic excellence and intellectual freedom. The Library provides a learning environment that encourages scholarship, access to resources, instruction, and guidance for the interpretation and evaluation of information.
Hoover Library is the core of scholarly and social interaction for the McDaniel College community of learners. As such, the library will:
- Create an inspiring 21st century facility which provides engaging learning spaces and state-of-the-art technology.
- Deliver information resources that are relevant, intuitive, and well-organized.
- Meet and anticipate evolving information needs to support the curriculum through a robust information literacy instruction program, appropriate assessment tools, and sound fiscal management.
- Provide responsive service through collaborative relationships with its staff of highly skilled, team-oriented, and approachable people.
- Present creative and inspiring programming to the campus and local community.
- Strengthen and build outreach initiatives to foster community partnerships on our campus and beyond.
- Encourage and support ongoing professional development for all library staff.