Three separate surveys were created for each of the information commons experimental spaces on different floors of the library. The survey for the first floor was distributed each hour to students using the various furnishings and technology. The survey for the 3rd floor technology room was distributed when students checked out the key. The survey for the new quiet study desk on the L floor was located on both of the desks with signs asking students to fill out the survey. Below are the questions students were asked to answer on the feedback survey:
1. Date: Time:
2. Why did you decide to use this furniture/technology?
3. Are you working alone or in a group?
If in a group, how many are in the group?
Is this a study/project group that you formed or did your teacher put you together in this group?
4. What do you like about the furniture/technology you are using?
(Please include all comments about specific features or components you like)
5. What do you dislike about the furniture/technology you are using?
(Please include all comments about specific features or components you dislike)
6. Would you like to see more of this furniture/technology around the library?
7. Has this furniture/technology helped you with your coursework?
8. What kinds of projects or assignments do you think would be good to work on with this furniture/technology?
9. Do you have any suggestions for any furniture or technology or anything else you would like added to the library?